Direct Communications, a Birmingham-based public relations firm, is seeking a Senior Account Executive for immediate hire. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, self-starter with strong writing and organizational skills, as well as a thorough understanding of social media and digital communications. This is not a sales position.
Candidates must have six years of PR, communications, journalism or corporate communications experience.
This role would be responsible for managing a variety of clients from a number of different sectors across the state.
This position will be based in Birmingham, and the ideal candidate will have experience working with Birmingham media, businesses, elected leaders or communities.
Management responsibilities for each client or practice area include, but are not limited to:
- Draft press releases, guest editorials, letters to the editor, talking points, speeches or other communications. Manage all aspects of press conferences and media interactions.
- Oversee the digital media component for clients including organic social media posts. Also understand paid digital media and how to manage a digital program on multiple platforms.
- Engage a variety of advocacy groups across the state to build relationships and identify synergy between our clients’ interests and advocacy groups’ missions.
- Continually work to develop relationships with clients, thought leaders, elected officials, as well as businesses, associations and non-profits.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with clients, partners and potential partners.
- Ensure that we are exceeding client expectations and providing progress reports and updates as necessary.
- Applicants must be able to:
- Display creativity and initiative
- Prioritize and adapt to changing circumstances
- Stay focused on objectives, with a strong sense of time management and deadlines
- Connect with people, understand their needs, and manage expectations
- Valuable skills include:
- Experience with public relations campaigns
- Digital advertising and social media experience
- Experience in crisis communications
- Website design/maintenance and graphic/photo skills
- Media experience
- History of civic engagement
Compensation package includes base salary in addition to other benefits including:
- Employee health and dental coverage.
- Annual performance bonuses based on client retention.
- After completing a third year of employment with the firm, the employee becomes vested and at that time is eligible to receive retirement benefits from the firm.
- Employees get ten days of paid vacation and five days of sick leave, while also enjoying a generous holiday schedule in observance of a number of national holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, along with writing samples or other work product that you were responsible for creating/managing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a sample of relationships throughout the state with businesses, industry, associations, media, elected officials and non-profits that you have cultivated in your career.