Direct Communications, a Birmingham-based public relations firm is always looking for talented people to join its team. If you are interested in a position with DC and have experience in PR, communications, journalism or corporate communications, we would like to hear from you. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious self-starter with strong writing and organizational skills, as well as a thorough understanding of social media and digital communications.
Role would be responsible for managing the clients in the following industry sectors:
- Sports/ Outdoor Recreation
- Workforce/ Economic Recruitment
Management Responsibilities for each client or practice area include, but are not limited to:
- Draft press releases, guest editorials, letters to the editor, talking points, speeches or other communications needs. Manage all aspects of press conferences and media interactions.
- Oversee the digital media component for clients including organic social media posts. Also understand paid digital media and the knowledge to manage a digital program on multiple platforms.
- Engage a variety of advocacy groups across the state to build relationships and identify synergy between our client’s interests and advocacy groups mission.
- Continually work to develop relationships with clients, thought leaders, elected officials, as well as businesses, associations and non-profits.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with clients, partners and potential partners exhibiting a vast knowledge of issues important to our clients.
- Ensure that we are exceeding client expectations, including reporting progress and updates as necessary to each client.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.